Wicklow Educate Together National School
Memo of Minutes of BOM Meeting, Tuesday 7th June 2016
Present – Robert Greene, Sinéad Watson, Eamonn O’Hanrahan, Donna Connolly, Kenia Puig Planella, Michelle Adebisi, Jerry O’Neill, Koryne Smyth
• The Board discussed quotations for the provision of IT equipment for the new building
• The issue of a parent Facebook closed group page was discussed and it was decided that the name of the closed group must be changed to ensure that it cannot be seen as an official school page. The Board unanimously expressed their confidence in the staff working at WETNS.
• Costs have been submitted to DES for move, storage, cleaning of Marine House & Railway House.
• There was a site visit to new school to discuss landscaping on 3rd June.
• The children will bring home a survey to fill in with their parents about how they intend travelling to the new school. This could be used to inform our planning regarding parking.
• Percent for Art – First committee meeting will be on Wednesday 8th June.
• The Electricity Board notified the school that there may potentially be periods without electricity in the area between 9:00 and 4:30 pm on Wednesday June 15th.
• The proposed staffing plan for the academic year 2016/17 was presented
• A school move timetable was shared to the Board.
• The school is in a better financial then at the same time last year.
• The company appointed to design the new school website was decided upon
• Policies awaiting sanction SEN policy & RSE draft policy and the Code of behaviour was discussed
• Danny Haskins has been elected to the Educate Together BOM.
• After School Activities, The results from the survey sent out to parents regarding which after school clubs they would like to see in the new school were distributed
Date of next meeting Wednesday 22nd June 2016