Wicklow Educate Together National School
Memo of minutes of BOM Meeting, Tuesday 28th June 2016
Present – Robert Greene, Sinéad Watson, Eamonn O’Hanrahan, Kenia Puig Planella, Michelle Adebisi, Jerry O’Neill, Koryne Smyth Apologies – Donna Connolly
• The school applied for interim office arrangements for July in the Enterprise Centre which was approved by the Department of Education.
• The Board agreed, if a fence could be moved, to help facilitate the school request for the vegetable area to be moved. as this will give the children a bigger playing area.
• IT equipment has now been taken away from the school and is in storage
• Attendance reports – Sinead shared the monthly breakdown for the 2 year attendance summary for each class this raised concerns as attendance was below what the school would want. This will be addressed in the new academic year to discuss ways of encouraging children to aim for good attendance.
• Standardised Tests 2nd, 4th, 6th – results were shared with Board. Standardised scores are not filled in on reports but put on a separate sheet. The Board discussed this and decided that this policy will remain.
• Two parents have produced a document which plans how ECA will work in the new school. The Board were very happy with the project so far and will further discuss how ECA will progress at the next meeting.
• One item of feedback regarding the SEN policy and two items of feedback regarding the RSE policy. Kenia will reply to these enquires.
• The school is in a better financial then at the same time last year.
• The school will have a clearer picture of school finances, when we settle into the new school.
• Transport survey has been completed there were 170 responses.
Date of next meeting Thursday 28th July 2016.