Present Graham Byrne, Sinéad Watson, Caoimhe Doyle, Eamonn O’Hanrahan, Brian Fitzsimons, Michelle Adebisi
Apologies Ciaran Buckley, Anthony O’Rourke
NB This was an online meeting due to social distancing measures.
July Programme There are no clear guidelines for school opening, therefore it was agreed that it was not possible to run a school-based July programme. Home based learning will be offered to pupils. Joe Kirwan will oversee pupil allocation.
- All areas of school should be clean at a visual level. All staff will be responsible for a level of cleaning.
- Current procedures are – if there is a suspected case of coronavirus, the room must be vacated, cleaned and disinfected.
- Additional supplies will be required for disinfection.
- It will be necessary to develop a cleaning schedule. Some areas will need to be cleaned multiple times a day.
- The school will need to look at disinfecting water lines due to low usage.
- An induction document for cleaning recommendations for staff is almost complete
- There will be a grant for increased sanitation in schools. It is unclear if this will be for equipment or staff. It may be necessary to increase the caretaker’s hours to help other areas of the school.
- Rooms have been cleared of copies. There will be a book swap on Thursday.
- The Board were satisfied for small staff meetings to be held on Tuesday 16th Social distancing measures will be in place.
- Training for back to school procedures will take place in the week before returning to school.
- Sinead and Lisa met with aftercare staff to inform them that for the near future aftercare will discontinue
Staffing Interviews for school vacancies will be held on the week beginning 29th June.
The Board also considered some routine matters, which for reasons of confidentiality are not included in this report
Date of next meeting – TBC