Present Graham Byrne, Sinéad Watson, Caoimhe Doyle, Eamonn O’Hanrahan, Brian Fitzsimons, Ciaran Buckley, Anthony O’Rourke, Michelle Adebisi
NB – This was an online meeting due to social distancing measures.
Student attendance has continued to be good this year. Any staff absences can be problematic as it can be difficult to get substitute teachers.
The school were not using the Virapro hand sanitiser, which was recalled last week.
Ongoing review of school policies
The Board have signed off on the Child Protection policy and the Anti-Bullying policy. This policy will be sent to Educate Together, the PTA and put on the website.
The Board ratified the Acceptable Usage Policy.
There will need to be a Remote Learning Policy and a Payment Approval policy in the future.
Finance The school have received confirmation of grants for a defibrillator €1000 from Wicklow County Council and The Integration fund €5000 from the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Voluntary Contribution reminder was included in the newsletter before half term.
- New accountant The appointment of a new accountant was confirmed
- The school finances are considerably down compared to this time last year. Much of this is due to loss of aftercare and ECA income.
- Cleaning costs have been extremely high. Although there have been grants towards this expense, most of this has already been spent. There has also been the expense of one-off payments (hand sanitiser units, additional hygiene products, buins etc)
- There has been some income from the Halloween fancy dress donations and a VAT rebate
The new storage container, the fire hydrant and the new school building extension were items discussed.
ET Report The Educate Together AGM will take place on the 31st May 2021. The Board can decide if it wants to put forward a motion. This will need to be sent in before January 21st. The Board discussed that we may send a motion around issues with maintenance of new buildings and whether this could be done centrally for a number of schools.
The Board also considered some routine matters, which for reasons of confidentiality are not included in this report
Date of next meeting December 8th