Present Graham Byrne, Sinéad Watson, Caoimhe Doyle, Eamonn O’Hanrahan, Brian Fitzsimons, Anthony O’Rourke, Ciaran Buckley, Michelle Adebisi
NB – This meeting was preceded by a walkthrough of the school to look at how the layout of classrooms may be affected by Covid-19 policies.
Donation The O’Connor (Brendan’s) family have given a donation of €1000 to the school as a support to the school during the challenging year ahead.
Covid-19 response plan Contract cleaner quotes and department covid grants were discussed. The school will need to purchase:
- Hand pumps,
- PPE for staff in line with recommendations
- 80 covered pedal bins
- Container for storage
- Outdoor wash hand basins
- Library will need to be fitted with a sink and tiling.
- Single desks if necessary
- Laminators and pouches for each class
- Additional P.E/play equipment
Covid-19 return to school
- There will be a “virtual tour” for members of the school community before the children return.
- New fob system will log staff times in and out of the building.
- Staff to keep a record of all close contacts daily.
- There will be an induction week for Junior Infants on a small group basis before they return to school.
- Homework will be resumed after September.
- Children should only leave early for important appointments.
- Parent teacher meetings should be conducted by phone where possible.
- An information document on return to school protocols will be sent to all parents before the return to school.
It was agreed that a sub-committee will be set up to organise how children and parents should enter and leave the school building at the beginning and end of the school day. Anthony will chair this group. The 5 guiding principles of the group will be.
- That there will be 3 time slots for school arrival.
- No parents should enter the school grounds at drop off unless dropping off in cars.
- There will be more than 1 drop off points.
- Colour co-ordinated pathways for children to follow.
- At collection time, children will be brought to their drop off points.
The Board also considered some routine matters, which for reasons of confidentiality are not included in this report
Date of next meeting – TBC